The small amount of cinnamon is barely discernable but adds an interesting note. Add other spices such as allspice, nutmeg & cloves for a winter flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups GF flour (a combination of brown rice, millet or sorghum)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk/regular milk/milk soured with 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten slightly
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir just to mix.
- Using about 1/3 cup batter for each and pouting at least 2 inches apart, fry pancakes until golden brown.