There are foods without a specific gluten-free label that are GF.
If you’re not already a label-reader you’ll soon become one of those people who stand in the aisle, squinting at the tiny print. Recently the government has announced better allergy label laws so more foods will have an obvious ‘no gluten’ tag.
Here are some specific discoveries that made me very happy:
– Lipton’s onion soup mix is GF
– Almost all VH sauces, including soy sauce is GF and much cheaper than specific GF from the GF stores.
– Worchestershire Sauce – only available at specific GF stores; I haven’t seen it in Health food Stores.
– The meat brand “Freybe’s” is GF and available everywhere at the same price as others!! Other deli meat is ‘suspicious’.
– The internet is fabulous!! Many brand lists. etc. are available and it’s quite easy to check most things BUT some brands that are GF in the US aren’t here!!! But make sure the site is referring to Canadian products!
Even if you find a product that is GF check the labels each time you buy it because things change.