– use chip crumbs instead of expensive GF crumbs
– use cornstarch instead of flour for sauces, gravy, etc.
– find a GOOD bulk food store that sells gluten-free items. Some of these will be prepackaged. Use caution when buying from self-serve bins.
– explore ethnic shops and the ethnic sections of your grocery store. That’s a good place to find rice flours, bean flours, corn flour, etc. I found Millet flour under the name Bajiri for much less than Millet Flour at GF specialty stores.
– many specialty stores will offer discounts for quantity purchases, cases, etc.
– experiment with different flours. You can often substitute less expensive varieties.